A Shoe Trend That Never Gets Old – The Loafer


Loafers are having a big moment in 2016, we can say it all happened when Gucci revived our interest with a collection of the iconic slip-ons at the AW15 catwalk show. Back in the 1980s when the spotlight turned on them, they were a status symbol to let people know that you were super fancy. I’m not surprised that this classic style has leapt back onto the fashion map with a vengeance

Here is the time to call me a ‘sell-out’. I’ve always been an advocate of high heels and a true believer that some are comfortable, you just need to find them. Though this may be the case only 5% of the time, the other 95%, high heels are pretty uncomfortable.

Weejun’s Estelle in High Shine Textured Leather

More so recently, I’ve found myself swapping my heels for flats, it’s the sensible thing to do. What better way to embrace flat shoes than with a pair of classic and stylish loafers? They are so practical and functional, they may well just solve all footwear issues. In an age when androgyny is growing in popularity, the loafers are a good addition to your wardrobe, they offer a balance to anything too girlish or whimsical.

Here’s the first look at a semi-professional/ casual smart outfit wearing: Shoes {Weejun’s Estelle in High Shine Textured Leather}  c/o G.H.Bass, Shirt – Baukjen, Cropped trousers – Zara, Bag – Balenciaga

Relaxed White Shirt x Neck Tie Semi Casual Work look with loafers Loafers_ G.H.Bass_Fashion White Shirt and Black cropped trousers with Loafers White shirt, black scarf neck tie

So, thanks in part to G.H. Bass, makers of the original Weejuns penny loafers, I’m now on the preppy style shoe wagon. The brand as a whole is about timeless designs. This tasseled pair offers a contemporary suburban feel; comfy and undoubtedly the epitome of everyday chic. 

There is an endless list of how many ways to style a pair of loafers. Here’s another take on an off-duty look, think a day out shopping or casual weekend out and about.

Off Duty in Jumper, Jeans and LoafersOff duty look wearing: Shoes {Weejun’s Estelle in High Shine Textured Leather}  c/o G.H.Bass, Jumper – H&M, Frayed Denim Jeans – Zara, Bag – Balenciaga

Autumn Winter Outfit wearing a Cable Knit Jumper, Jeans & Loafers Beaded Cream Jumper from H&M Beaded Embroidered Cable Knit Jumper Off Duty_Casual Street Style Fashion Cable Knit Jumper worn with Frayed End Denim and loafers Shop the look:



Beaded Embroidered Jumper x Frayed Denimsignature-b

**In collaboration with G.H. Bass

2 Responses
  • Janea
    January 30, 2016

    Your look with the loafers is definitely smart and chic. I especially love it when you wear the fur stole with them – great balancing act. Janea

What do you think?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.